And just a little tip, if you tie the balloon to his foot, put a sock on it so he doesn't kick it off that easily. I learned that the hard way…
Friday, June 13, 2008
Shake it, baby!
I would have never believed that such a simple thing as a birthday balloon would be the best toy I've ever purchased. I heard that it is a good idea to tie a balloon to your baby's foot and let him kick it and shake it all he wants… so after our birthday celebration was over, I tried it, and I was truly amazed. He kicked once, twice… got the idea that he controls it and then the real fun began—and lasted for about an hour. He was laughing and squealing like crazy, blowing raspberries, moving from side to side, and babbling. It was really exciting watching him have so much fun… and the best part of it was—it didn't work only that once; it keeps on working. Every day (sometimes even more than once), I tie the balloon to his leg or hand and let him play with it. He loves it and it's a good way for him to exercise those legs (and relieve his stomachaches), get an idea that he can really control what's going on and have a great time doing it, and listen to some music or stories while he's at it. What can I say? I had never bought a better and cheaper toy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment