Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bring on the junk, mommy!


I really got into that whole junk business this month. I would have never believed that it could be so much fun going through my mom's hidden treasures. All the cups, spoons, napkins, sponges, lids, corks, bags of rice, huge pasta shells, toothbrushes, strainers, and fabric swatches are really awesome toys—fun to grasp and even more fun to shove (or try to shove) in the mouth. I could do without mom's commentary: "that's a spoon; the one you will soon use to eat your cereal with. It's metal, smooth, and cold. Is it gray? Yes, it is. Do you want to hold it?" I mean, I know all that… and of course I wanna hold it, what kind of a question is that?

And what about those clear plastic bottles filled with shells, stones, rice, coffee beans, and water? They're pretty attention grabbing. They look weird and sound even weirder and sometimes give me a real startle but they are fun, especially when we play on them while singing. I can't even imagine that Bingo-song without one of the bottles rattling instead of me clapping (which is still a little frustrating activity for me).

No comments: