Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shake it, baby!

Everybody has one hobby or another. Some people like sweating in a garden while others like throwing a ball through a little hoop mounted above their garage doors while trying not to hit those tomatoe-planting guys in their heads… I, personally, am into balloon racing right now. It's the most rewarding sport I know. And even though it may seem simple (since the rules read: tie a balloon to a limb of your choice and make sure the balloon doesn't stop shaking), the fun can last a long time. I take on this challenge every single day, sometimes even twice or three times - and I spend up to an hour perfecting my skills. And let me tell you, they are already pretty perfect! I can shake the balloon so much, I sometimes can't help but admire durability.

And what accessories do you need if you want to take on this sport? Not much… a balloon with a string that you attach to your foot, a sock that helps you hold the balloon in place, and somebody to help untangle you from the string (if the need arises) or to catch the balloon if it manages to get away. Good luck and… let's shake it, babies!

No comments: